Italian-style bowls are lightweight and provide fun for the whole family on the new Boccia area behind the Tourist Center. Sets can be collected from the Tourist Center or Adler Adelboden against a refundable deposit of CHF 50.–.
Adelboden Tourismus, Dorfstrasse 23
Tel. 033 673 80 80
The book as well as the games libraries in Adelboden and Frutigen have lots to offer if bad weather threatens to dampen your spirits. Bookworms, comics fans and game fanatics are equally well catered for.
Adelboden and Frutigen book libraries
A wide range of books and comics is available for every age group. In addition there are some paperbacks in English and French which can be borrowed.
Adelboden games libraries
Over 1500 games and toys from the spheres: social and educational games, tiptoi books / games, music, computer games, tools, roller design and puzzles, puzzle, outdoor games, vehicles Giant DVD Sale! Play and party boxes
Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 15.30-17.30 Friday 18.00-20.00
Every Wednesday between 2pm–5pm, kids can have fun in the pool listening to cool Discosound. They are also allowed to use the Whirlpool in this time.
Sleeping in straw
|Prices incl. breakfast
Prices for groups on request.
Familie Abraham Josi, Bonderlen, Tel. 078 897 55 03
Sleeping in natural hay
Alp Laueli, Adelboden
|Prices incl. breakfast
Familie Germann, Alp Laueli, Tel. 079 656 05 28
In the footsteps of the Ski World Cup - an experience for the whole family
The Audi FIS Ski World Cup Adelboden is an important cornerstone of the Alpine Ski World Cup at the centre of the World Cup calendar and attracts 40,000 enthusiastic ski fans to Adelboden every year . Whether on skis or on foot, the World Cup slope is an experience for young and old alike even after the competition is over - and can be enjoyed in winter or summer. The nine info-points along the World Cup Trail between the starting gate and the finishing arena are packed with lots of fascinating background details about the event, the piste, the skis - and their history. Experience the Ski World Cup up close with the app and the interactive info-points.
Strong shoes or walking boots are recommended when hiking on the legendary World Cup mountain.
How to reach the World Cup Trail
- Bergläger – Höchst – Chuenisbärgli (30 min.): from Adelboden with theSilleren mountain lift or by bus to Bergläger. Then take the Höchst chair lift (only in operation at the weekend) to reach the starting area at Chuenisbärgli.
- Bergläger – Chuenisbärgli (45 min.): from Adelboden with the Silleren mountain lift or by bus to Bergläger. From there you can hike to Chuenisbärgli.
- Chuenisbärgli – Boden (1 hr.): From the starting gate onChuenisbärgli proceed downhill to the finishing arena.
- Boden – Chuenisbärgli (1 hr. 40 min.): from the base station atChuenisbärgli, accessible by local bus, walk up the World Cup Trail from the finishing arena to the starting gate (theChuenisbärgli chair lift is only operational in winter).
Download the special app
You'll find more background information, images and videos about the individual info points in our Ski World Cup Adelboden app.
And best of all - it's completely free!
Every Tuesday on the Chuenisbärgli Alp, an Adelboden dairymaid demonstrates to visitors how our famous Adelboden Alpine cheese is produced. Individual return via Boden or Bergläger.
• Departure: 8.30 pm
• Place of appointment: Adelboden Tourism
• Price with taxi: Adult CHF 25.- / Children CHF 15.-
• Registration: until the day before 5 pm
Take the cable car to the summit station followed by a 30 minute walk to the shepherds' hut (Sennhütte). Watch as fresh mountain cheese is made and then tuck into a traditional Alpine "Znüni" breakfast snack. Later we return to the cable car station or there is an option to walk on down to catch the bus at Elsigbach.
- Starting time: 8.30 am
- Meeting point: Cable car base station Elsigbach
- Price with "Znüni": Adult CHF 20.- / Child CHF 15.- (Guest card)
- Price with "Znüni" cable car: Adult CHF 24.- / Child CHF 17.- (Guest card)
- Registration: until the day before 17.00 pm
- Tour duration: 1 - 2.5 hours
- Vertical distances up/down: +140 metres / -140 metres
- Fitness requirements: low fitness
Children’s afternoon, from 9 years. Reservation necessary.
Mike Schmid-Olympiastrasse 10
Tel. 079 370 66 58 or 076 377 16 58